THE VISION & LEARNING CENTER
Katie Johnson Wins Honorable Mention for Red Flags for Elementary Teachers at Florida Book Festival Awards ceremony on January 31, 2015
Forward written by Dr Press!
"Katie is able to share her observations based on her explorations into BrainDance, Brain Gym and Optometric Vision Therapy... Read Katie Johnson's Red Flags, and you'll be inspired to be an advocate for children's visual neurodevelopment and all that it can do to level the playing field."
Vision Check List
Signs and Symptoms
If your child suffers from any of the following signs or symptoms, you may have an undetected visual problem. Remember, many children experience difficulty and do not tell anyone since they do not know that the way they function visually is not normal or efficient.
- Blurred or double vision
- Headaches or dizziness associated with reading
- Fatigue or eye strain when reading or using a computer
- Head tilt, covering, or closing an eye when reading
- Excessive blinking, eye rubbing, or squinting
- Words wiggling, moving, or running together when reading
- Avoidance of reading or near work
- Losing place, skipping lines, or re-reading words
- Reading comprehension decreases over time
- Difficulty copying from the board
- Difficulty completing work in reasonable time
- Difficulty organizing oneself on the page
- General clumsiness and accident prone
- Letter and number reversals
- Sequencing problems with reading and spelling
- Poor self esteem and confidence
- Frustration and anxiety
- Attention Deficit and/or hyperactivity
- Behavior problems
- Poor eye contact
If your child has any of these problems, particularly if you have tried other forms of intervention and they are not working, please contact Family Eyecare Associates in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, at 201-794-7977, or e-mail us.