THE VISION & LEARNING CENTER
Katie Johnson Wins Honorable Mention for Red Flags for Elementary Teachers at Florida Book Festival Awards ceremony on January 31, 2015
Forward written by Dr Press!
"Katie is able to share her observations based on her explorations into BrainDance, Brain Gym and Optometric Vision Therapy... Read Katie Johnson's Red Flags, and you'll be inspired to be an advocate for children's visual neurodevelopment and all that it can do to level the playing field."
For Adult Patients
Vision Check List of
Signs and Symptoms
If you suffer from any of the following signs or symptoms, you may have an undetected visual problem. Remember, you may not know that the way your eyes function visually is not normal or efficient.
- Blurred or double vision
- Sensitivity to light
- Instability of print
- Headaches or dizziness associated with reading
- Fatigue or eye strain when reading or using a computer
- Head tilt, covering, or closing an eye when reading
- Excessive blinking, eye rubbing, or squinting
- Avoidance of reading or near work
- Difficulty maintaining focus
- Slow to re-focus between distance and near
- Discomfort viewing 3D movies, TV or other media
- Losing place, skipping lines, or re-reading words
- Reading comprehension decreases over time
- Difficulty copying from the board
- Difficulty completing work in reasonable time
- Difficulty organizing oneself on the page
- Difficulty driving
- Poor spatial judgment
- General clumsiness and accident prone
- Difficulty maintaining eye contact
If you have any of these problems, particularly if you have tried other forms of intervention and they are not working, please contact Family Eyecare Associates in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, at 201-794-7977, or e-mail us.